Friday, March 11, 2005

Personal Mission Statement

On January 23, 2002 while attending a Participatory Rural Appraisal Training Workshop at the Regional Integrated Agriculture Research Center in Balinsasayaw, Abuyog, Leyte I had the luxury of time to think and write down my personal mission statement. Opps, I did not do it while the sessions were going on. I worked on it in the evening at the Ladies Dorm as I was alone in the room. I am putting it down here so that I will always be reminded, since I open the internet more often now than my notebook. And what's written in my notes have already faded! With this blog, it's not going to be a problem anymore.

To live life to the fullest, pursuing God's design for me, I will...

LEAD a life centered around the principles of:
excellence, integrity, service and enjoyment

REMEMBER what's important in life is:
health, relationship, peace of mind, travel and spiritual fulfillment

RECOGNIZE my strengths and develop talents as a person who is:
adaptable, confident, imaginative, a teacher, trustworthy, and an initiator

HUMBLE myself by acknowledging that I can be:
fearful, uncommunicative and overly critical,
and by constantly striving to transform my weaknesses into strengths

ENVISION myself becoming a person who:
  • my bestfriend thinks is trustworthy, fun-loving and loyal
  • my parents think is responsible, careful and caring
  • my brother and sister think is dependable, generous and respectful
  • my officemates think is principle-centered, organized and transparent

No comments: