Sunday, June 26, 2005

What is Worship?

This morning's message by Pastor Shane (Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church) based on Romans 12:1-2...

"Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work,
and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering..."
(Romans 12:1, The Message)

2 Fundamental Points:
1. Worship is the way we live, not just what we do on Sunday morning
2. Worship that pleases God is 'informed'

What does it mean to present our bodies as living sacrifice?
@ Offer all that you are
@ Offer all that you own
@ Offer all that you do
@ Offer all whom you love

This is your reasonable service. Why is it reasonable?
@ Because of what God has done
@ Because of what God is continuing to do
@ Because God is worthy of our very best
@ Because only spiritual things will last

"All work done and all life lived for God's sake is worship"

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Daugan,
I ran across blog while browsing some Christian blogs. I was excited to know that you are from Thailand since I have a couple of American missionary friends in Bangkok.
I invite you to visit my blog: www.unashamedpursuit.blogspot.com.
May you daily "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18) and use what He's given you for His glory!
Your Chinese Brother in Christ,
mike

I invite you to visit my blog sometime. God bless
Your Chinese Brother in Christ,
mike

daugan said...

Hello Mike!

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the invitation to visit your blog.

Your sis,
daugan