Sunday, September 21, 2008

Russia dreaming

I'm not yet really sure with whom (people group) or where (area) I will be working with. But during the summer exposure I had 10 years ago I was in Pyatigorsk, the southern part of Russia near the Caucasus region. A very strategic place. We were with a mixture of students (white, Slavic, Orthodox and minorities, Muslims, etc.). I'm considering visiting or going there again someday maybe short-term or longer... not yet clear. As a teacher now in the field of Agriculture & Environment, I believe God trained me to be with students, either working on campus/university setting or in the field, farming areas/communities.

Learning the language is not a problem for me. It's surviving the cold weather, that was my greatest struggle there. During our time there, we were not required to talk to students in Russian because we were there to teach them English, so we have to talk to them in English so that they will be forced to speak to us in English also.

No comments: