Friday, December 23, 2005

If Your Presence...

The year-end brings with it uncertain emotions and mixed feelings. I feel excited as I think that this may be my last Christmas in Thailand and next year if I graduate then I will be back home. Yet I feel on tiptoe as I walk through the next year... as I anticipate the possibility of many teaching and non-teaching tasks awaiting for my return in the university... in addition to the ministry dreams and plans that have been flashing back and forth in my thoughts this year.

Inspite of the difficulty and challeges as a student in a foreign country, being here in Thailand is still like a big holiday package to me. However, going back home and serving my countrymen is the reality that I have to face after a long vacation...

I can almost identify with Moses' feelings as he was commanded to leave Sinai (Exodus 33). Like Moses I want to tell God, "If your Presence does not go with me, do not send me up from here." (Exodus 33:15)

But the LORD has already promised "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest" (Exodus 33:14)

Lord, let me be always in your presence, going only where you want me to go and doing only what you want me to do...

No comments: